Are drooping eyelids making your eyes look sad and tired as you age? The eyes, of course, are a particularly important factor for your charisma! But perhaps sagging eyelids run in your family and are simply a trait you’ve inherited? Then, comparatively speaking, a corrective eyelid lift might be the simplest and most effective means of restoring your alert, open gaze, which will in turn make you feel significantly better about yourself.
Your Specialist for eyelid lifts
Dr. med. Narwan
Medical Specialist for Plastic and Aesthetical Surgery
The advantages of eyelid lifts at Difine
- Specialist in eyelid lifts with many years of experience
- Our doctor has already performed hundreds of eyelid lifts
- 24-hour care following the operation
- Immense expertise in this area thanks to comprehensive training with internationally renowned facial surgeons
- Always up-to-date thanks to frequent participation in advanced training programmes
Eyelid lift methods
Upper eyelid lifts
What to expect from sagging eyelid surgery
At the upper eyelid, our doctor removes excess or slack eyelid skin. In some cases, it is also necessary to remove fat from the inner crease of the eye (the ‘nasal compartment’). In order to make the scar as invisible as possible, Dr Narwan places the scar along the natural eyelid crease and extend it into one of the natural wrinkles at the corner of the eye. Our doctor uses a variety of filler methods to correct slight or medium lower eyelids (baggy eyes). After any lid correction, our patients appear significantly more awake and alert.
Lower eyelid lifts
For lower eyelid lifts, Dr Narwan removes excess skin at the lower eyelid. The scar is then located directly at the crease of the lower eyelid, healing to become nearly invisible. If there is no need to remove excess skin, then access can also be made through the conjunctiva. The fat in the lower eyelid is distributed over the mid-facial bone. In exceptional cases, it may be necessary to remove large fat deposits from the lower eyelid.
Advantages of eyelid lifts
There are many reasons in favour of this minor yet very effective operation:
- Only a small amount of effort quickly produces a great result.
- The operation can be performed as an outpatient or inpatient procedure, in twilight sleep or under general anaesthesia, and takes only about 30 minutes for the upper lids and 90 for the lower lids.
- Recovery does not take long, and there are usually no complications.
- The thin scar that results runs along the natural crease of the eye for the upper eyelid or along the edge of the lower lid, and becomes barely visible after only a few weeks.
- Eyelid lifts do not change the shape of the eye, and corrective eyelid surgery does not affect vision.
- The results of a well-done upper eyelid lift will last a long time – it is very rare for patients to request a second eyelid lift after several years.
How an eyelid lift works
Before anaesthesia, our doctor initially marks the skin areas to be removed. The face is then washed, sterilised and covered. Local anaesthesia is applied to the area to be operated on, and the procedure is then carried out as described above under a microscope. Dr Narwan sutures the skin using a very fine thread. The area is cooled directly following the operation. If you fell well enough and there are no issues, then you can be picked up at the clinic after about 2 hours. Once home, you should continue to cool the area and sleep with your upper body slightly elevated for the first few days. One week after the operation, our doctor will remove the sutures. Afterwards, you can begin scar aftercare – however, until the area is fully healed, you should avoid rubbing your eyelids.
Frequently asked questions about eyelid lifts in Essen
No, your vision will not be affected.
The shape of the eye itself will not change. However, your eyes will appear large and more awake.
It is very rare to not be able to close your eyes completely after an upper eyelid lift. The eyelashes may stand up straight for a brief period of time, but will soon lower again.
Yes, you may, because your glasses do not come into contact with the scar.
The result is very long-lasting. In rare cases, a second upper eyelid lift is necessary after several years have passed.
Incisions to the upper eyelid heal very well. The scar is almost completely invisible and lies along the natural crease of the eyelid.
Costs for an eyelid lift
Each and every patient is unique because of their pre-existing facial anatomy and their individual desires. Dr Narwan adapts every surgical method to suit your needs. This is why we cannot state flat-rate prices for our treatments. The precise costs are calculated in a personal consultation following a physical examination.
Make a non-binding appointment with Dr Narwan at the Difine Clinic in Essen – in a personal consultation, you will find out everything there is to know about options and risks for eyelid correction. Perhaps you too will soon be enjoying newly rejuvenated eyes!
|Monday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Thursday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 6 pm|